By Marcel Schwantes, this Inc.com article offers a list of seven things that we might consider saying no (#VOWnarrowing) to:
Here are seven things the most successful people say no to on a regular basis. Perhaps you should too?
1. They say no to opportunities and things that don’t excite them, speak to their values, or further their mission in life.
2. They say no to superficial networking events in which people swap business cards and never hear from one another. Why? Because successful people don’t network. They build relationships.
3. They say no to spending time with uninspiring, critical, or negative people who drag them down. Time is precious — choose a small circle of people who will energize you and challenge you to be better.
4. They say no to overworking. While it’s true some successful people and many entrepreneurs put in 60 to 80 hours per week, very successful people aren’t workaholics who neglect self-care and family. They recognize that if they can’t take care of themselves, everything else suffers.
5. They say no to doing all the work. This comes down to one word:
6. They say no to giving the steering wheel of life to anyone else. Another Buffett quote affirms this: “You’ve gotta keep control of your time and you can’t unless you say no. You can’t let people set your agenda in life.”
7. They say no to people-pleasing. Successful people don’t neglect their deepest wishes and desires to accommodate and yield to others’ wishes and desires.
The whole article is definitely worth a read; click here.